Catholic Schools in the Parish
St. Bernadette's Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy.
St. Bernadette's is an academy in the Diocese of Nottingham, serving the local community of Ashby and surrounding areas of Scunthorpe.
St. Bernadette’s came into being due to the hard work and dedication of the parish priests and parishioners of St Bernadette’s Parish, beginning as far back as 1946. The laying of the foundation stone took place on July 22nd 1954, and in September 1955 over 300 children were admitted to the new school. The School currently has 342 children on roll.
St. Bede's Catholic Voluntary Academy
St Bede’s was founded in 1962 and for over 50 years has provided Catholic education in Scunthorpe. Our school mission is to “Love, Respect and Serve one another as disciples of Jesus Christ”. This was noted in our recent outstanding canonical inspection:
“There is a genuine sense of community, which comes from the Mission Statement’s three pillars of love, respect and service being clearly understood and lived out by all.” Canonical inspection report (2017).